Prospecting – 12 Success Questions to Start Building a Relationship
I recently watched a webinar on prospecting given by Chris Kent, one of the founders of Numis Network.
What he said resonated with me and really stuck with me because I agree with him 100%. He said that when it comes to prospecting and talking to people, you should “Stop pitching and start making friends”. I’m going to say that again because it is so important: “stop pitching and start making friends”.
It seems like common sense and it is such a simple thing, but I think that when someone is either new to the industry or overly eager to sell their product that they forget this one simple thing. To them , it’s all about pushing and selling. Network marketing, like any other business that “sells” a product or service, is all about the relationship. People don’t join a business, they join a person. People want to do business with someone they trust and like. You’re not just out there selling your product on the street. It’s about helping people and solving a problem. It’s about talking to people and getting to know them. You don’t want to force something on them or sell them something they really don’t want or need.
Below are 12 “success questions” that Chris Kent suggested we could use when we meet someone new and start to build a relationship with them.
12 success questions:
1. Where are you from?/ Where do you live?
2. What type of work do you do?/ What do you do?
3. What does that entail?
4. How long have you been doing it?
5. What did you do before? (if doing it for 5 years or less)
6. How are you being affected by what’s happening with the economy?
7. How do you like what you are doing?
8. Have you ever thought about doing something else?
9. Are you familiar with the network marketing industry?
10. What experience do you have? Have had?
11. Why do you think you weren’t successful?
12. Would you be open to looking at a company if it didn’t have those obstacles?
Of course you may not want to ask all these questions or be able to fit them in the conversation, but feel free to use them as a guideline on breaking the ice with a stranger.
To discover how you can create the life you want and build a wealthier, happier life while collecting silver assets, check out the opportunity at Numis Network.
I hope this article was helpful.
Thank you for reading!
I welcome comments and please share.
Follow me on Twitter
Join me on Facebook
Related posts: Why Numis Network ,