Possible Road Blocks to Successful Goal Setting and Achieving
For some people, setting and achieving goals can be fun and easy. Others, however may come across some roadblocks while on their journey that may slow them down or prevent them from achieving the end goal.
Some potential road blocks to setting your goals are:
- Having too many goals going on at the same time. – You will have better success if you have only a few goals that you can focus on. Too many at once can cause you stress and anxiety and could possibly lead to failure to complete some or all of your goals.
- Having an attitude of perfectionism. – Waiting for the right time or for everything to be perfect can prevent you from ever starting anything. Just Start! You can always go back and make changes later once you get a feel for them.
- Setting your goals in an environment that you are familiar with. – A change of scenery can help creativity to flow and can freshen any “stuck” feelings you may have. If you wanted to change something in your life, or improve it, setting a goal in the same environment will cause you to have the same feelings and thoughts that you always or already have. A different environment will allow you to have a different perspective and you may be able to come up with new ideas or solutions.
Some potential Roadblocks to achieving your goals could be:
- Choosing a goal that is too far out in the future, having a goal that is hard to reach, or out of your way.
- Having a lack of focus to achieving your goal. – Clear your mind and eliminate any distractions.
- Designing a goal that is too vague or unclear. – The clearer and more defined your goal is, the easier it will be for you to reach. Clarity creates direction.
- Having goals that conflict with each other. For example, you could have one goal to get an extra project done at your job, while at the same time have a goal to spend more time with your family. It may be impossible to do some goals because they’d be competing for your time. How could you spend more time at work getting projects done and spend more time with your family?
- Focusing on what you don’t want. – Focusing on the negative, or focusing on what you don’t want rather than what you do want.
Learn more of how to set and reach your goals while playing The Ultimate Game of Life. Get organized and laser focused for success.
Jodene Brown is an entrepreneur living in Ventura, California who helps others to have a home based businesses and become financially free.
Work with Jodene at : Solavei.
Related Posts: Why Do I Even Want to Set Goals for Myself?