How Blogging Can Improve Your Social Media Marketing
Do you blog?
Are you active in social media?
If you answered yes to both of those questions, then blogging can improve you social media marketing skills and your influence.
Add your blog posts to your status updates –
This might sound like a no brainer, but it is an important step when it comes to your sharing. You’ll want to post a link to your blog post/ article, preferably with an eye catching picture to go along with it. You don’t want to post a link to a product or a capture page! Doing so won’t win you more followers or supporters. You want to provide people with valuable content.
Avoid being too spammy and sharing self-promotional posts too often. A pretty good rule of sharing is 80% miscellaneous (as in quotes, ideas, pictures, other people’s posts etc.) and the remaining 20% to be about your business/ product/ opportunity etc.
Make it easy for your readers and others to share your blog posts.
I use WordPress, and there are many different plugins for members to use to help them with social sharing. There are many variations of share buttons and share bars that can be customized to your liking – bars (such as Sociable) on the side that follow the reader as he/she reads down the page, or located at the bottom of the post. Two examples are below. Using these plugins allows users to easily share their post on their social media sites with just the click of a button. There is no need to copy and paste links anymore.
In addition to the social share buttons and bar, you could also use plugins for a Facebook share box, or a YouTube subscribe box (YouTube Subscribe widget). The options are endless!
In your call to action –
Another way to get your readers to share your post is to simply ask them to do so. In your call to action, you can ask or suggest that if they enjoyed what they read to please share it with their friends and followers. You could also invite them to join you on Facebook, Google +, Twitter etc. where they can learn more from you there.
These are just a few ways that you could improve, and expand your social media marketing. Sharing your blog posts on social media sites is a great way to get readers over to your blog, and vice versa, to get your readers to follow you in social media.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. Please remember to comment and share!
Grow your online presence, generate more leads and learn how to make money blogging with this 60 Day Journey to Online Riches. CLICK HERE
Jodene Brown is an entrepreneur living in Ventura, California who helps others to have a home based businesses and become financially free.
Related Posts: 13 Reasons Why You Should Blog