Facebook – Personal Profile vs. Fan Page
Facebook has over one billion active users. Most of us already have personal Facebook profiles. If you have a business, you should have a business fan page as well, since there are so many people online. Have you ever wondered what the difference is between the two? or what the benefits of having a business page are?
Below, I list for you, the differences between a personal profile page and a business fan page:
(I also posted pictures of my personal profile and my fan page.)
- has “friends”, which you invite and need to accept in order to add them to your page
- is for one person – the individual
- can message friends, and share pictures with them
- can have no more than 5000 friends
- has “fans” – which are your “likes”
- get more functionality with the use of apps, or tabs
- can openly sell your products; you can have contests and “offers”
- can distribute information
- can engage with your fans and gain new ones
- fan pages are indexed by the search engines
- can have as many business pages as you’d like
- have the ability to assign admin roles to others &/0r be an admin of someone else’s page. (The roles are: Manager, Content Creator, Moderator, Advertiser, Insights Analyst)
- people can join your page and do not need to be approved or invited by you
- can have as many fans as you want – tens of thousands of them!
- can schedule a post or status update as you would a blog post
So there you have it, the difference between the personal profile and the business fan page, as well as many benefits for having a fan page. They’re easy to create. Do you already have a business page? If not, what better time than now?
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed it or got value out of it, please share or comment.
Click here to DISCOVER 7 POWERFUL CASH GENERATING Facebook Strategies TO GET MORE TRAFFIC & LEADS FOR YOUR BUSINESS STARTING TODAY through this FREE webinar from multi-millionaire internet marketer Jonathan Budd…
Follow me on Twitter
Join me on Facebook
Related Posts: 12 Ways to Promote Your Facebook Fan Page