Youtube – 8 Tips on Making Your Videos
Youtube is one of the 6 most popular social media sites on the web today. (the other 5 being Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and Pinterest, in no specific order.) Simply put, Youtube is a platform that allows people to showcase their own made videos in their own personal channels. What sets Youtube aside form the rest is that viewers can see, hear and get to know the makers of the videos. It gives people a certain depth that writing or pictures just can’t convey.
If you’re like me and have your own Youtube channel, you may want to read the list I have compiled of tips of what to do when it comes to Youtube and making videos. Now, I know I am no expert, they are just some things that I have learned along the way. Of course, theses are not mandatory, or things you need to do; they are just merely suggestions.
Please read on and enjoy:
- Your Youtube channel is your brand – (if you’re a marketer). Your channel should match your blog, your social media personality etc. Be congruent throughout your social media platforms because you want people to recognize and get to know you.
- Use keywords in:
your tags when at all possible, or if you’re into SEO. *Remember: Google owns Youtube!
- Relate your videos to current trends in the industry. People get to know you and what you produce. They’ll know where to go for the information they want. Be current and stay up with the trends.
- Embed your web address in the video & in the description – when writing the description, put your web address first. If applicable, add any other important links in the description also.
- Leave comments & video comments on videos on other peoples in the industry. You may get more views and subscribers by doing so.
- Post & syndicate your links on your social media channels – Once you have your video recorded, edited, uploaded and complete in Youtube, be sure that you share the link on your social media sites. No spamming…just simple common sense shares when/ where it applies to your audience.
- Be yourself! – This is a very important one. If you don’t use big or fancy words in your every day life, then don’t use them in your video. The same goes with your attire. Wear a suit and tie regularly?, then don’t do it for your videos. You may come off being fake, or trying to be someone you really aren’t. People want to trust and like you, so don’t try to fool them.
- Location, location, location – It is good to use different locations, shots or points of view for your videos. Of course, you’ll need to work with what you’ve got! It just gives people variety. When you shoot outside though, you have more to deal with interruptions like the wind, noisy people in the background and and more.
These are just some tips to keep in mind when making your videos. The main thing is to have fun!
Follow me on Twitter
Join me on Facebook
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-32751989-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);