3 Blogging Basics – The Look of Your Blog
We all know that when it comes to blogging, content is king. Great value and content is what makes a blog great. But, it’s not all about the words you put down in your post. If your post is hard to read, or chaotic in appearance, then your readers may not want to stay long enough to get through to the end. They may not even make it through the first paragraph. You don’t have to be a master creator or artist to design a good looking blog. Amateurs or beginners could easily use these tips to improve the look of the blog.
I have come up with three important elements when it comes to the “look” or appearance of your blog. You can use any or all of the following tips.
- Color your Headlines, make them bold, and increase the title font.
- Increase the size of the font in order to make it easier to read.
- Declutter some of the activity going on in your side bar. Eliminate the widgets, ads, lists that don’t really help your blog, ads or pictures that are flashy enough to distract your readers from the posts.
- Choose or add a nice looking header picture at the top of your blog. A picture that isn’t too cluttered, look too busy or distracting.
Use subheadings in a larger font if you have different sections of the same post.
- Add bullet points for lists of items. If the theme you use doesn’t allow you to use them, be creative and find other ways. My theme, no matter what I do, won’t allow me to indent my paragraphs, but I can use bullet points to focus attention and list items.
- Use bold or italicized text to highlight certain phrases or sentences.
Good images can enhance your post, bring attention to the page, and keep the reader interested. Images can be pictures, diagrams, cartoons, screen shots and more. Pictures also help to break up long posts, so it helps keep the continual flow of the post.
For me, at first glance, the look of a blog will determine my actions. If a blog is too busy or has too much going on, I won’t waste my time on that blog. On the other hand, I am attracted to the bold headlines, colors and pictures. It’s not that I’m a simple person. I enjoy reading, being entertained and can appreciate the time the writer took to present his or her blog.
Thank you for reading. Please comment and share if you enjoyed this post.
Grow your online presence, generate more leads and learn how to make money blogging with this 60 Day Journey to Online Riches. CLICK HERE
Follow me on Twitter
Join me on Facebook